Electronic Earth has an open call for narrative feature film screenplay submissions from new, emerging and under-represented Canadian talent. The call will be done through 2 rounds of material submissions to include:
1. Electronic Earth Submission Agreement (found below)
2. Script One Pager
3. Writer(s) Biography
4. Writer CV/Filmography
*needs to be complete and available to be requested at the time of submitting round 1 materials and not a work in progress
Submissions must meet the eligibility criteria listed below:
- Writer(s) must be either a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident (PR) of Canada.
- Submission must be for a narrative feature length screenplay. Electronic Earth is not accepting submissions for documentaries nor for any projects of an episodic or serial nature at this time.
- Submissions may be submitted by a writing team consisting of two (2) or more writers but all writers on the writing team must not hold a writing credit* on a feature length film (a film that is 75 minutes or more).
- Writer(s) must hold writing credit* on at least two (2) completed short films** . For writers submitting as a team, the lead writer must meet this requirement and the secondary writer(s) must hold writing credit on at least one (1) completed short film.
- Submissions must be for a screenplay that is already written (may not be a work in progress), is a minimum 75 pages in length, and at maximum 180 pages in length.
- Submissions may be for a screenplay of any genre.
- Writer(s) must hold the copyright/ownership of the one-pager and script.
- Priority will be given to projects that can reasonably and practically be produced as a micro-budget production.
- Writer(s) must include the following information with their submissions: legal name, contact email address and contact phone number.
- Submissions must be accompanied by a completed and signed Electronic Earth Submission Agreement (below). Submissions sent not accompanied by the agreement or missing one of the materials outlined as required above will be discarded and will be deemed or decided as ineligible.
- There is no deadline for submissions on this call for narrative feature film screenplays. However, as noted, submissions which do not contain the required submission information above will be deemed to have not met the submission requirements and become ineligible for this call.
- This call for narrative feature film screenplays will end once a script has been selected and optioned by Electronic Earth.
- Submissions must be assembled and sent as a single .pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Electronic Earth Submission Agreement is available to download and complete here:
Electronic Earth Submission Agreement
*writing credit: “written by” or “screenplay by” or “story by”
**short film: a film that is 30 minutes or less