Electronic Earth presents its first ever call for feature film submissions from new and emerging Canadian talent. The call will be done through two (2) rounds of material submissions with the first round being the submission of a one-pager for evaluation and talent requested to move through to the second round will be requested to submit the corresponding script for the one-pager for further evaluation.
Submissions must meet the eligibility criteria listed below:
- Writer(s) must be either a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident (PM) of Canada.
- One-pager must be for a narrative feature length screenplay. Electronic Earth is not accepting one-pagers for documentaries, nor for any projects of an episodic or serial nature at this time.
- One-pagers may be submitted by a writing team consisting of two (2) or more writers but all writers on the writing team must not hold a writing credit* on a feature length film (a film that is 75 minutes or more).
- Writer(s) must hold writing credit* on at least two (2) completed short films** . For writers submitting as a team, the lead writer must meet this requirement and the secondary writer(s) must hold writing credit on at least one (1) completed short film.
- One-pager must be for a screenplay that is already written, is a minimum 75 pages in length, and at maximum 180 pages in length (round two selections will be requested to submit the screenplay for evaluation).
- One-pager may be for a screenplay of any genre.
- Writer(s) must hold the copyright/ownership of the screenplay the one-pager is being submitted for.
- Priority will be given to projects that can reasonably and practically be produced as a micro-budget production.
- Writer(s) must include the following information with their submissions: legal name, contact email address, contact phone number, a brief biography including any existing filmography and links (if available) to sample work or a demo reel.
- Submissions must be accompanied by a completed and signed Electronic Earth Submission Agreement. One-pagers sent not accompanied by the agreement will be discarded and will be ineligible.
This agreement is available to download and complete here:
Electronic Earth Submission Agreement
- Submissions must be sent accompanied by the Electronic Earth Submission Agreement as a single .pdf document to email@example.com
- The deadline for submissions is extended to November 30th, 2020 at 5:00pm EST.
Submissions received after this time or of which do not contain the submission information above will be deemed to have not met the submission requirements and become ineligible for this call.
*writing credit: “written by” or “screenplay by” or “story by”
**short film: a film that is 30 minutes or less
Share this Post